Sunday, November 2, 2008

Anna's Fall Pictures



I have this picture of myself. I must be about 2 years old, standing somewhere in time, wearing overalls. My best guess is that the season is fall as I am also wearing a long sleeve shirt. I have that look of childhood innocence; blissfully unaware of the economy, politics, and the craziness of the world. When you look at this picture, you smile at the cuteness of a toddler.

I also have another picture of Jon. He is also dressed in overalls. This picture was taken in a studio but still elicits the same sense of wonder and joy that being a toddler brings. The amazement that everyday brings something new and exciting. That proud feeling because you figured out how to say "Biscuit" and everyone around you understands you for the first time.

This is the feeling I wanted to capture and duplicate by searching out a pair of overalls and scheduling a photo session. Photography captures that moment in time that memory doesn't always keep. I love how in one second, you have this irreplaceable snapshot of a feeling, a thought, a flash of what was. Photos bring smiles, tears, laughter, wistfulness, amazement, and much more. This is why I am drawn to photography and how I recognize that it truly is an art form.

Here is a link to Anna's fall pictures, my attempt (through another's lens) to capture Anna in a similar outfit. Enjoy and let us know which ones you like!! 

http://meganparkerphoto.com/baker/

After you enjoy those (or before) here are a few of our pictures from Halloween and before.




Fun while shopping with Mom and Grandma.














Anna and Grandma Baker










Anna Bear













Anna and her crew







1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness I love her Anna-bear costume! She is looking so grown-up, especially with her long beautiful hair!

    ReplyDelete