Sunday, November 16, 2008

My reading obsession

I just spent the last week reading the Twilight series and all I can say is "Fantastic!!" Let me preface this by bringing you on my reading journey.

It began quite innocently.  A friend lent me a book that has become immensely popular with the adolescent crowd. Never to be one that is behind on the book trends, I eagerly picked up the book Sunday afternoon. I did not put this book down until Monday morning around 2:30. This was a great, easy read. A wonderful love story that reminds me of my adolescence filled with some outstanding vampires and action.

Now, it did not stop there. The book so cleverly placed the first couple of chapters at the end of the book. After work, I rushed to the nearest grocery store to get the next book. Unfortunately, it was not there so I had to wait until Anna was in bed. So there I was at 7:45 pm, at Walmart, getting all the books I could lay my hands on. Then I rushed back home and stayed up to 2:30 am reading the next book. I did it again the next night and then again Wednesday night (except I finished by 12:30 am instead of 2:30!). Here was the problem - Walmart didn't have the last book!! I talked Jon into driving to Borders and we bought the last book. Needless to say I finally finished all four books Sat. morning.

It was worth it! I loved every minute. I forgot how much I love drowning my thoughts in a good story. Cheers to the draw of a good read!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with ya...I didn't think I'd love a vampire book, but I sure did :)

    ReplyDelete